Those of you that know me well, know that sometimes I tend to reflect, think deeply and analyze over life and tonight I just felt like sending out some thoughts to anyone who is interested in reading them (this is your chance to turn back before you discover as my sister already has and tells me all the time "Lexi, you are so weird!")
Today I had an interesting experience of running into someone I haven't seen for a long time and it has caused me to reflect about some things. The philosophical side of me wonders when you grow to respect, care for, and even love others, how much of what you felt about them truly goes away when they are no longer a part of your everyday life? (Yes, a little saga about dating, but it can be applied to other things as well.) When things don’t work out between you, how much of what you admire and appreciate about that person, at that moment - is really just covered up with other emotions (hurt, frustration, anger) and with the determination to “get over them and move on?” When you move past those natural emotions, do you ever really get over the fact that once upon a time you really cared about them? I don’t think so.
It seems that with time, somehow you are blessed with greater understanding; and with that added understanding, you see things differently. Differently in the sense that you are really ok with all that has happened in the past, but now you are somehow able to remember and appreciate the qualities you admired in them and the goodness of who they are. And somehow all seems to be right.
I am who I am because of the experiences I have had. I think I understand a little more about “line upon line, precept upon precept” today. If I was able to see the beginning from the end, I might have chosen to do things differently and saved myself a little heartache, but I'm really glad I don't have that ability. I might have missed out on learning some important lessons.
I am grateful for the good times that I have been blessed with along the way, and for the lessons I have learned, even in the more difficult times. I am grateful that I have an understanding that the Lord is personally involved in my life and somehow He knows my needs much more than I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wow! Very deep! It is amazing how people change and you just don't look at them the same anymore. Your so grown up! love ya!
Double Wow!!! Very interesting thought there Lex. I agree with you. I also had that experience while I was there. Seeing someone you cared a lot about after 10 years is a crazy thing. It is amazing how time changes more than just the circumstances in our lives. I am dying to know who it was you ran into!
I couldn't agree more. That is very well said and even though I'm not sure how it all applies to your life, I understand completely how that applies to life (if that made any sense). Many Thanks!!!
Post a Comment