Thursday, October 23, 2008

Aloha!

One year ago, I was in beautiful Hawaii, helping to organize the events surrounding the Inauguration of President Steven C. Wheelwright, 9th president of BYU-Hawaii. My congratulations to you for making it through the first year! It is amazing how fast the time goes by.

A special hello to my friends in Hawaii...I miss all of you and hope that things are going well for you! Do a few things for me this week...eat a sandwich at the sea sider - make sure that it has cranberry mayo on it; eat 3 bowls of pineapple/coconut icecream with chocolate topping; sit on the beach and watch the sunset fall over the beautiful ocean and palm trees; and bask in the wonderful culture that surrounds you. Believe it or not, I have missed that slower pace the past few months. Things just have been too crazy for me here...some days it is difficult to remember to slow down and just enjoy life.

I hope to be able to visit all of you soon. For tonight, however, I will just have to settle for wearing my sweats (it is 44 degrees outside!), sipping hot chocolate and listening to "Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" by Israel Kamakawiwo 'ole! All my love to all of you who make every day worth remembering!

No comments: